Friday 7 January 2011

Time to be brisk - look lively lad!

There's no getting away from the fact that the RW plan is going to be tough to live up to - especially when you consider the speedwork side of things. Usually I don't do a lot of this (well almost none) because it takes a bit of an effort and I'm not in the mood. Today though the plan called for at least 3 brisk miles and so that's what I had to do. Usefully there's a path around the edge of Green Park that's not much more than a mile in length and this makes short work of counting off the laps. So that's where I headed:


It's a shame that the Queen doesn't let us run round Buckingham Palace gardens (what a great route that would be) but the park next door does give some lovely views over her house. Today though I was more concerned with not getting stuck in the mud and losing a shoe - the track gets churned up after heavy rain - while trying to keep the pace 'brisk'. Actually I think that this went alright given that my average pace was decently under 4m:30s per kilometre including stopping for traffic - mostly!

Distance: 5.4 miles
Time: 39m 21s

No comments:

Post a Comment