Thursday 27 January 2011

Evening run is a good 'un

Well here we are on day 2 of our adoption preparation course and I haven't done any running. In fact I haven't done any exercise at all (unless you count walking briskly to the cafe for lunch and I don't really). So when I came home this evening I might have been mentally knackered but it was straight on with the running shoes and out the front door. Damn but it's cold, 2 degrees maybe, but when the calling comes you've just got to answer!

For obvious reasons it was going to be a local run but that's ok; I've got a nice route that circumnavigates Muswell Hill and takes in Coldfall Wood, Alexandra Palace and then Highgate/Queens Wood (when they're open). So it's pretty quiet and kind of pretty when there's enough light to see and your eyes aren't tearing up because of the Arctic cold. Now, as I've said before, running at night is quite nice what with the lights and all and tonight it's quite clear so I decided to take the high road at Ally Pally for the view over London:


It really is special with all of the East London landmarks all arrayed in front of you - you might even be able to see the Olympic site with a decent pair of binoculars. Also I got to put in a hard effort up the hill to the Palace and I followed this up with another heavy-breathing push up Wood Vale. I guess that I should apologise to the female (and maybe male also) pedestrians who I probably alarmed but what can you do; at least I didn't sweat on them!

Distance: 8.2 miles
Time: 1h 04m 07s

No comments:

Post a Comment