Monday 3 January 2011

Follow the plan - and Bagpuss

Looking at my Runners World email I knew what I had to do today and on paper it looked like a walk in the park: an easy 5 miles, no sweat. In person though my hamstrings ached like a Turkish masseur had been at them and my chest cavity continued its role of mucus production. Yuk! Still Dan was as eager as a new puppy and so I showed him the leafy delights of Muswell Hill and its surrounding districts. All very pretty but I was never so glad to put 6 miles and 52 minutes behind me!

To be honest I had a lot more fun taking the family to see Bagpuss at the Soho Theatre. We had no idea what we were letting ourselves in for but it was a real hoot even if you couldn't remember the stories. Oh yes to see Bagpuss, Professor Yaffle and the Mouse Organ brought to life on stage was just fantastic and Joshua and Christina loved it; being 7 and 4 is such a great age. The only problem was that Joshua truly wanted a Bagpuss of his own after the show; such a shame that the theatre had sold out! I can see the attraction though:

What was just as fun was searching out some old episodes of Bagpuss afterwards on YouTube (isn't the Internet great!) and watching them with Joshua sat on my lap. Speaking as a certified old git kid's television just isn't what it once was (moan, moan) but Bagpuss is something else. Feel free to join me wallowing in a little nostalgia:

The Hamish (Part 1)
The Wise Man (Part 1)

Distance: 6.1 miles
Time: 52m 13s

No comments:

Post a Comment