Wednesday 21 September 2011

Haringey Families

How is it possible to live ten years in the same place and yet remain oblivious to something that appears so suited to your way of life? I have no idea what the answer is, by the way, but what I do know is that I have just discovered (and joined) Haringey Families. An organisation that's been running for over 40 years, in one form or another, the group puts on family events, publishes an informative newsletter and runs a weekly toddler group (amongst other things). Definitely a great find and I'm looking forward to getting involved.

I love any Oliver Jeffers book!
Just as an example what first caught my eye was a trip that's being organised to see The Way Back Home on stage at the Arts Depot in North Finchley. Having seen Malina's Dream there earlier this year I know just how great the theatre there can be for kids - truly a magical, transporting experience. However the date chosen is at the back end of half-term and it's possible that Lenore will be away with the little beasts; so maybe this is one we'll just have to miss I'm sorry to say. However maybe we'll make the Halloween Party? Spooky fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment