Saturday 22 January 2011

Wake up it's Saturday!

I've mentioned before how much I like the tradition of getting out on Saturday morning with the Running School and this morning was no exception - despite me waking up at half-seven and feeling like I'd slept with a sock in my mouth. It still amazes me that I've been running with the same bunch of guys for seven years (well some have gone and others arrived but the spirit lives on) and we continue to have stuff to talk about - and boy do these guys know how to talk. Less a run and more a mutual support group today we headed south towards Regents Park:


This is a nice route in that it takes in Camden Market (where we surprise the stall-holders setting up for the day as 20-30 middle-aged runners thunder past) and the Regent's Canal. If you're so inclined you can follow this out to the Paddington Basin where it connects with the Grand Union Canal and from there, well, you can run to Birmingham if you want to! The School though usually turns north here and that suits me very well as quite often we run up Fitzjohn's Avenue and through Hampstead. This is where I get to test my hill-legs in a sprint to the top and at about a mile in length the effort required is just about perfect. I can't believe that most people don't feel the same way!

Distance: 7.7 miles
Time: 1h 09m 07s

2 comments:

  1. That run through Camden market brought back some good memories of 18 months ago. Any planes for the GUCR Damien? Since it's on your doorstep you really have no excuse not to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running the whole of the Grand Union Canal at a mere 145 miles? Well if you fancy coming down Andy then I'm game for a challenge: http://gucr.co.uk/default.asp

    As for the market well not much had changed there Andy. Next time you're down remember to bring your trainers and we'll head out again!

    ReplyDelete