Wednesday 5 January 2011

Back to work and an old favourite

Working in London has lots of pros and cons and, to be honest, as a place to go running it leaves a lot to be desired. I don't know how many times I've had to dance round a tourist vacantly staring into space or sprint across a busy junction before the lights change. However with a bit of ingenuity and a small heap of Ordnance Survey maps it's possible to come up with some half-decent routes - especially when you make use of the Capital's best feature: it's parks.

One of my favourite routes involves popping out from work at lunchtime and making my way through St. James Park and Green Park to the urban lung that is Hyde Park:


It's a route that I love no matter how I'm feeling which is kind of lucky as today I definitely felt a bit rough; thankfully the RW training plan only called for a medium-length, slow run and I could just about manage that. Bit of a shame that my hamstrings still felt tight from the weekend but that's what you get for taking a couple of weeks off from training.

Distance: 7.2 miles
Time: 57m 27s

No comments:

Post a Comment