Sunday 13 November 2011

Sunday and still sore

After yesterday's efforts I wasn't convinced that I wanted to repeat the experience but having mentioned to Mike that I'd be attending I felt a certain obligation; besides the rest of the family were going to be out at Joshua's church parade with the Cubs and that left me at a loose end. So I rocked up intending to pull my weight only to find myself standing on the pavement with Daniel and Darren - and no Mike! After a few minutes of hanging about we decided that we'd better sort ourselves out with a nice easy run; 10 or 11K perhaps. With no clear plan then we cut across the Heath and by chance ended up at the bottom of Swains Lane. Who'd have thought it? Still by the top we all felt properly warmed up!

Daniel's favourite landmark - the top of the climb!
From hereon it was a case of not straying too far from Highgate as we none of us wanted to turn this into some epic run but on the other hand we didn't want to come up short either. The curious side-effect of this dilly-dallying was that we ended up scaling all sorts of hills and really having quite a fun time of it; well I enjoyed myself anyway despite the mechanical limitations of my aching back. So we inched back up to the top of Highgate and then we wiggled our way across the Heath; where I failed to make a convincing case for taking East Heath Road. In the end then we retraced our steps back to the start and what do you know - we had to go uphill!

Distance: 7.3 miles
Time: 1h 04m 51s

No comments:

Post a Comment