Wednesday 12 October 2011

Running poorly while feeling poorly

With my DIY class taking up yesterday evening this morning I had to run to work - and I was definitely in two minds about doing so. For a start I was running late, and close to running out of time, and didn't feel all that hot. On the other hand my running kit was to hand and I really don't like to tube-it unless I have to (since it could rain tomorrow and I'd really start to miss my exercise this week). So the decision was made and I kicked off for the Heath with a bit of a hope that I might achieve a repeat of last week and start to feel stronger the further I went.

Looks promising doesn't it?
The funny thing is that if I look back at my splits then that seems to be exactly how it panned out this morning and yet nothing could be further from the truth. Instead I felt reasonable up to about the 5-mile mark (not too special but comfortable enough) but beyond this I couldn't help feeling that this run was almost exactly 15-minutes too long! I was sweating like a Trojan, my legs hurt like I'd completed a marathon at the weekend and I wanted to be anywhere but here. It was no fun and the last couple of miles were a real slog even if I did speed up a bit - just because I dearly wanted it all to be over. Sometimes these are the cards that we're dealt; hopefully my next hand will be more of a keeper!

Distance: 7.4 miles
Time: 54m 20s

No comments:

Post a Comment