Friday 24 June 2011

Another run in the sun

Is getting older all about deja vu or is it just me? Every year the English summer does its own sweet thing and every year we complain about it; what the heck would we do with a Californian climate? Do more running perhaps if today is anything to go by! A bright blue sky greeted me when I pulled the curtains open this morning (metaphorically speaking - everyone else in the house was still lost in the land of nod!) and I wasted no time in wading my way through two large slices of toast, a sizable banana and a hot cup of tea to boost my energy reserves. OK like The Very Hungry Caterpillar I did feel a little bit stuffed at first but it all quickly settled once I'd got into my stride.

I like food!

With the sun beaming down from an unblemished backdrop I felt very comfortable jogging along, not too fast and not too slow. As usual I took in as much off-road as possible and perhaps this contrast is why the streets seemed busier than usual once I hit Kentish Town; then again I did start a bit later than intended and so the rush hour was underway. On the other hand the foot traffic didn't slow me up too much; over the first half of the run I averaged around 8 min/mile pace while in the second half I was down to around 7 min/mile pace. Much more satisfying and I didn't even have to sort breakfast out when I made it to my desk!

Distance: 7.6 miles
Time: 1h 00m 22s

No comments:

Post a Comment