Wednesday 26 October 2011

Wet, windy and winter

Another Wednesday morning and another run to work. Thankfully I was up nice and early this morning (thanks kids!) and had time to spare. A quick glance out of the window showed nothing untoward apart from an inky darkness and that'll be the story for many a morning to come. So I slurped down my tea and headed for the exit - breakfast would have to wait. Outside it was kind of warm and running through Highgate Woods was fun what with the dense foliage making it almost a monochrome experience; although when I emerged from the cover of the trees I realised that it wasn't just dark. It was also tipping it down! Still I wasn't that bothered even when my running vest stuck to my chest and caused a touch of nipple rash. Oops!

Down on the Heath I was looking forward to getting some great sunrise pictures from Parliament Hill but I did start to wonder if I would be denied. I know that my camera is properly waterproof but even so! Luckily the sky cleared as I headed south and in the end I was rather pleased by the vista:

Could the shard be any taller? Oh yes!
Definitely a moody and oppressive atmosphere there I think? More interesting than a bright blue sky perhaps although not quite so uplifting. Turning a little to the left I also caught this nice shot:

Rise and shine little birdies
Fairly dramatic again - more so than the rest of my run in to work anyway. In terms of form I kept trying to lift my feet up and in the end it came together; only for the last 5-10 minutes though. By then I was feeling strong and up to powering through the throng of commuters. Hopefully I livened up their day!

Distance: 7.5 miles
Time: 57m 06s

No comments:

Post a Comment