Friday 21 October 2011

It's still warm out in the park

This morning, cycling in, it was a little chilly thanks to the clear sky overnight; so much so that I had no hesitation switching to my winter coat and gloves. So when I headed out this lunchtime it was with a slight sense of trepidation - was I going to turn as blue as a boiler-shed chicken? And yet when I actually emerged into the sunshine I couldn't believe how fabulous it all felt; just great. Running through St James Park and the sunbathers of Green Park (where the summer deckchairs are still available) I couldn't believe my luck and inwardly congratulated myself at having made the effort to shake a leg.

Another Autumn for this mighty chestnut
Along the Serpentine I tried out another barefoot middle section, again, as a way to lift the tempo and with tape on my toes I certainly lasted longer than I have previously. However I'm going to need some stronger tape than this medical stuff from Superdrug since it still wore through on the tarmac; my experiment continues. Coming back on the horse-track sand I felt a bit more on my forefoot than I had earlier but I can't say that my form was all that great. Perhaps I'm just a bit tired from the week. Bring on the weekend!

Distance: 6.8 miles
Time: 53m 29s

No comments:

Post a Comment