Sunday 21 August 2011

Plumbing the Loders lows

After the wedding celebration yesterday I woke up a little hungover this morning; not enough to put a dampener on the day mind but perhaps not my usual sparkly self. So to cheer myself up I decided to jog in the opposite direction and down the hill towards the village of Loders (shouldn't it be called Downloders?!):

Still Uploders I'm afraid
Previously, while out on a short walk yesterday, we'd spied a delightful looking valley across the fields and I thought that I should pay this idyllic landscape a visit. Checking out the OS map I could see Peascombe Nature Reserve in the vicinity and if it's good enough for the Wildlife Trust then it's good enough for me. Of course because I didn't take the map with me I didn't actually make it to the reserve although I did manage to circumnavigate Waddon Hill - it's a bit hard to miss!

Waddon Hill
With that little treat consumed I headed back to our lovely B&B, Dippers, for a home-cooked breakfast and some time with their three dogs. Sadly by the time I returned they'd all been taken out for a much-needed walk; that'll teach me for taking out-and-back diversions just to add in some extra hill work. On the other hand I did get to see some amazing strip lynchets (Medieval field features) in the land by the road and they look even more impressive from the air:

Aren't these lynchets something else?
So I guess that it was worth missing the pooches....

Distance: 5.0 miles
Time: 44m 33s

No comments:

Post a Comment