Saturday 16 April 2011

When the Chairman's away

This weekend Ira is indisposed and so Simon (stalwart that he is) stepped up for the keynote Saturday run to ensure continuity of service. Sadly numbers were well down on the double-digit turn-outs that we're used to but nevertheless the quality level remained high! In true North London style then we headed down the full length of the Heath en-route to Belsize Park and the ever-delightful Primrose Hill. These streets may not be paved in gold, as Dick Whittington imagined, but they do have a commodious and delightful aspect; especially in the Spring. So we made our way to the top of the hill and convinced a fellow runner to capture our aspect for posterity:

The Primrose Hill Mob
From hereon Simon's command was made immeasurably easier by the fact that we all knew where we were going, more or less, and were eager to get there. So we twisted and turned through what I suppose is still Belsize Park just so we could meet up on Hampstead High Street; us and the local denizens with their freshly-printed Guardian and warm, organic croissants that is. It's always a bit of an obstacle course up to the tube station entrance but this does serve to space everyone out and allow for a photo opportunity. Without further ado then I am very happy to bring one of our most cherished and long-standing members into focus:

Michael - always there, rain or shine
There we have it; a solid Saturday run without unnecessary heroics. I'm just glad that my ITB is finally finding its old, inconspicuous role again and that I can run without any concerns lurking at the back of my mind. Even my bunion seems to be hurting less these days although that might be because I've taken to walking barefoot whenever I can. It occurred to me that my feet have, one way or another, been confined their whole life and that it might do them good to stretch out and work a little. Unscientific I know but even after a week they feel happier!

Distance: 8.3 miles
Time: 1h 12m 45s

No comments:

Post a Comment